Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow days and 8-month olds

Today is--I think--our 6th or 7th snow day of this year. I'm not complaining...it is GREAT to stay at home and be with my family!

I give my childcare provide a LOT of credit: how does she manage 6-7 kids all day long?

Let me be clear: I love being home with Jackson, but it is hard work! Move around, get distracted for 10 minutes, feed food, feed bottle, change diaper, change clothes, spit up, change clothes, nap for 10 minutes, wake up, walk around, feed bottle, play on the ground, roll over...and over...and over..., cry, laugh, poop. Change diaper. Nap. Being a mom is so fun, but being a mom is work. I cannot in my right mind imagine having a child before now. This job leaves very little room for me time, but that's my point: before my 30th year, I'm not sure I would have wanted to give up the "me" time. Now, everything I do for myself comes last in my routine (Pluck my eyebrows? What is that?), and that is okay. I care a lot less about what people think of me and how I look and care EVERYTHING about what's going on with my kid and my husband. How do people do this with more than one kid?!

By the time my grandmother was my age, she had four kids under the age of 10. FOUR. That's insane--cool, but insane. And she and my pop did not have a ton of money! AND all five of their kids turned out to be really awesome humans whom I deeply love and respect. How did my grandmother do it? (N.B. Kid #5 came two years later.)

I'm going to Italy in less than two weeks. I am both excited and dreading the trip. The only reason I'm not looking forward to this is because I will not see my son for nine days. So far, the longest I've been away from him is sixteen hours. It'll be hard, but I know it will be good for me and make coming home all the more sweet.

Jackson is eight months old today! I'll admit I had to look up the time he was born (9:34am).
- he currently weighs 22 pounds (more than Brewski)
- he wears Size 4 diapers and 12 Month clothing
- he eats three meals a day (applesauce, cereal, yogurt, avocado, veggies) and has six 7-oz bottles of formula
- he loves to turn over...I feel that crawling is sure to come soon
- he is happy, loves to smile, enjoys snorting, laughs when he gives raspberries, and makes great eye contact with people

Jamie and I absolutely adore him - we still look at him and reflect upon how crazy it is that we have a son and how much we could not imagine our life without him.

#crazyblessed

No comments:

Post a Comment