Monday, September 24, 2012

"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it."

"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." 
-Miss Stacey, Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

I love this quote. It is optimistic, bright, and kind. It is also very good medicine for anyone with a case of the Mondays.

I think the reason that I love this quote, however, is that I can actually hear these words said by the actress who played Miss Stacey in the TV mini-series Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea (from the mid-80s). She was such an inspiring and kindred spirit of Anne's - a teacher, mentor teacher, and friend. 

Miss Stacey was, as written by L.M.M., one of those teachers who inspired all of her pupils in every way. She encouraged them to strive and thrive in their studies and was firm with them when they needed it. In short, Miss Stacey was really the perfect teacher.

I want to be like her when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment