Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dem O's, hon.

Truth: I cannot focus my attention on a baseball game (there must be food and libation, as well as good company and conversation). However, I could not be more thrilled for my "hometown" baseball team, the Baltimore Orioles.

I literally grew up when the Orioles were good, and I mean good. These were the years of my knowing the name, number, and position of every player on the team. These were the years of Cal Ripkin, Jr. (#8, shortstop), Brady Anderson (#9, left field), Chris Hoiles (#23, catcher) - the years of sold out games at Camden Yards. The beginning of Boog's barbecue and riding on the then-new Light Rail to games. It was really a magical time to be a kid and be a fan in the 90s.

I've never stopped being a fan of my team; by that I mean I have never and will never be a fan of any other professional baseball team. Even though I may not follow each individual game or know the stats, I still love the Orioles.

Here's to post-season play. Let's Go O's!

No comments:

Post a Comment