Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Procrastination: Part 2

Welp, it's that time of the marking period: Interims.

Every quarter of the school year, I find that I cannot meet the Tuesday-at-5-pm deadline. I almost ALWAYS work into the night on the day interims are due, hastily giving last-minute points to already-late assignments and grading the assignments from today (55+ of them) in the hopes that those few, precious points will actually help the grades of my students. Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not.

Have I turned into the last-minute person in every aspect of my life?

I'm better at getting to school on time in the mornings - perhaps because I drive someone else to work, so that makes me accountable.

I am not better, however, at getting anywhere else on time. Meetings, dinner dates, appointments (some...) - I always seem to be running five minutes late.

Am I a professional procrastinator or is this just how I cope with the insanity that is life?


No comments:

Post a Comment